In order to qualify for any of the programs that RTSNV offers, you must:
- Own and live in your home
- Having a mortgage is acceptable
- Be low income according to HUD guidelines. Example: Household income cannot exceed $39,400 annually for a family of two.
- Be at least 60 years of age, disabled, a veteran, a military family, or a multi-generational family with small children.
Prospective clients will be asked to complete a short informational form and provide a copy of proof of identity with photo and income documents, i.e., SS and/or disability award letter, 2 months' bank statements. All information is held in confidence.
RTSNV provides critical or urgent home repairs.
Licensed contractors provide the following repairs at no cost to the qualifying homeowner:
Critical Repair Program
- Heating and air conditioning
- Water heater replacement or repair
Safe at Home Program - Modifications that include:
- Grab bars
- Minor structural changes that provide accessibility
- Energy efficient repairs that lower utility consumption
- HVAC Repair and/or replacement
- Window replacement
- Exterior door replacement
- Can include all of the above
- Complete home remodel to address safety and healthy home issues
Volunteer Assistance: National Rebuilding Day, Make a Difference Day, Heroes at Home (Veterans Day)
- Property clean-up and debris removal
- Exterior home painting
- Small exterior repairs
- Removal of dried vegetation
- Replacement with xeriscape consisting of rock and drought tolerant plants if there is existing water source